BORTAC

Status
Closed
New Haven, CT
Thankfully, we're a smaller sanctuary city and they won't bother us. They wouldn't get far here ... Yale has all those centuries-old underground tunnels to hide and escape in. :p

Thornbird

Forum Admin
Phoenix, Arizona
Sanders is very interesting with his wanting to give everyone access to our benefits regardless if they are citizens or not.

If he is elected and loosens border enforcement while subsequently giving everyone access to our education, health services, and other things.....what do you folks think the outcome of that will be?

orbiting earth
Sanders is very interesting with his wanting to give everyone access to our benefits regardless if they are citizens or not.

If he is elected and loosens border enforcement while subsequently giving everyone access to our education, health services, and other things.....what do you folks think the outcome of that will be?
he'll have a mountain to climb before any of that could ever happen, the conservatives, moderates, some liberals & all of the established dems will fight against that crap...
the dnc will make their 3+ year obstruction of trump look like kindergarten games compared to what they'll do to bernie...

New Haven, CT
I believe most Democrats and moderates and liberals will do exactly what I will do - vote for my preferred choice - but if Bernie is the man with the most votes, I will get firmly behind him in his camp. Anything to get the current crime boss out of the Oval Office.

Thornbird

Forum Admin
Phoenix, Arizona
I believe most Democrats and moderates and liberals will do exactly what I will do - vote for my preferred choice - but if Bernie is the man with the most votes, I will get firmly behind him in his camp. Anything to get the current crime boss out of the Oval Office.
How has Trump affected you negatively other than you just don't like him?

Voting for someone with policies that will negatively affect you doesn't seem to make sense just because you don't someone else's personality.

orbiting earth
How has Trump affected you negatively other than you just don't like him?

Voting for someone with policies that will negatively affect you doesn't seem to make sense just because you don't someone else's personality.
exactly...

we've witnessed the effect of media bombardment where good, intelligent, responsible, & once reasonable folk, simply & unequivocally hate a person for absolutely no intelligent reason, all they do is regurgitate what was mentioned by the media.

psy-ops are effective...

New Haven, CT
omg - Thornbird - do you really want to play that game? I know you're as aware of the news as I am, so I'm not going to get baited into that kind of silly stuff.

orbiting earth
omg - Thornbird - do you really want to play that game? I know you're as aware of the news as I am, so I'm not going to get baited into that kind of silly stuff.
iow, you've nothing of substance to add...

interesting...

very interesting...

I suppose getting people like this in his inner circle is just the beginning of his complete war on gays ...
God Sent Coronavirus to Destroy LGBTQ People, Says Trump-OK'd Preacher
practically every priest/minister has said similar about many tragedies & similar circumstances...

it proves nothing...

New Haven, CT
Blaster3 said:
iow, you've nothing of substance to add...

interesting...

very interesting...
2017:

Declared by Executive Order that Civil Rights Act of 1964 does not prohibit discrimination based on sexual orientation – a decision that contravened recent court decisions and Equal Employment Opportunity Commission guidance.

Endorsed the Department of Justice filing a brief with the Supreme Court in Masterpiece Cakeshop v. Colorado Civil Rights Commission arguing that businesses have a right to discriminate against LGBTQ customers.

Supported DeVos announcement that the Department of Education was rescinding guidance related to Title IX and schools’ obligations regarding sexual violence and educational opportunity, which included gay bashing and outlawing gay/straight alliances in secondary schools.

Department of Justice issued sweeping religious liberty guidance to federal agencies, which created a broad license to discriminate against LGBTQ individuals and others.

2018:

U.S. Department of Education would no longer investigate complaints filed by transgender students who have been banned from using the restrooms that correspond with their gender identity.

Trump issued new orders to ban most transgender people from serving in the military – the latest iteration of a ban that he had initially announced in a series of tweets in July 2017.

Federal Bureau of Prisons released changes to its Transgender Offender Manual that rolled back protections allowing transgender inmates to use facilities, including bathrooms and cell blocks, that correspond to their gender identity.

Jeff Sessions announced the creation of a "religious liberty task force" at the Department of Justice, which everybody saw as a transparent taxpayer funded effort to license discrimination against LGBTQ people and others.

Policy change at the Department of State took effect saying that the Trump administration would no longer issue family visas to same-sex domestic partners of foreign diplomats or employees of international organizations who work in the United States.

Department of Health and Human Services changed Title IX defining sex as either male or female, unchangeable, and determined by the genitals that a person is born with” – effectively erasing protections for transgender people.

Department of Justice filed a brief with the U.S. Supreme Court arguing that federal civil rights law does not protect transgender workers from discrimination on the basis of their gender identity.

2019:

Department of Health and Human Services announced a final rule to allow health workers to cite religious or moral objections to deny care to patients, which will substantially harm the health and well-being of many people in America – particularly women and transgender patients.

Department of Housing and Urban Development changed the Obama-era Equal Access Rule to allow homeless shelters to deny access based on a person’s gender identity.

Department of Labor’s Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs (OFCCP) changed policy so that they would allow government contractors to fire LGBTQ employees, or workers who are pregnant and unmarried, based on the employers’ religious views.

Department of Justice filed a brief with the U.S. Supreme Court, supporting Trump's 2017 Executive Order, arguing that Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 does not prohibit discrimination against gay, lesbian, and bisexual people.

Justice Department’s Civil Rights Division filed a statement of interest in defense of a Roman Catholic archbishop’s decision that led to the firing of a gay, married teacher – yet another move by the Trump administration to use religion as a shield against core anti-discrimination principles that protect LGBTQ people.

2020:

Nothing of note - but of course there have been less than 60 days of this year thus far.

Of course, this doesn't include the non-stop appointments of justices, cabinet members and close personal advisors who are virulently anti-gay.

I hope this is a small insight into what it's like to be a member of one minority in America.

Blaster3 said:
practically every priest/minister has said similar about many tragedies & similar circumstances...
OMG - that is SO not true. :oops: You really need to get out of your house more - and maybe attend a church[/QUOTE]

Last edited:

Thornbird

Forum Admin
Phoenix, Arizona
I'm not baiting you but I am just not aware of anything negative that Trump has done to affect homosexuals.

New Haven, CT
why is that directed at me?

is there something about any of that exaggerated p.c. social justice warrior culture you have EVER read as being endorsed or cheered by me?

I am a huge fan of political correctness - which is basically just a term used for not being an ******* by intentionally insulting people by using terms that are offensive to them. I find the 'woke' movement as offensive as the woman in the above video does. There's nothing new about her...in fact - many of us every-day-layman-progressives have been there for years, as well as celebrity progressives like Bill Maher.

Now, who derailed this thread?

orbiting earth
why is that directed at me?

is there something about any of that exaggerated p.c. social justice warrior culture you have EVER read as being endorsed or cheered by me?

I am a huge fan of political correctness - which is basically just a term used for not being an ******* by intentionally insulting people by using terms that are offensive to them. I find the 'woke' movement as offensive as the woman in the above video does. There's nothing new about her...in fact - many of us every-day-layman-progressives have been there for years, as well as celebrity progressives like Bill Maher.

Now, who derailed this thread?
it's a direct rebuttal to the faux outrage over the 'list' you posted...

btw, it was derailed by the person whom changed the op's topic to lgbt outrage

New Haven, CT
so you're directing a video with a list of perceived social warrior injustices in response to a list of ACTUAL REAL LAWS AND POLICIES that have been made by this corrupt administration which harms people in substantial ways?
REALLY?

well - that's pretty stupid. seriously.

and, so, did the person 'derail the thread' by asking what the administration had done to me personally - or by me by answering the question?

Status
Closed