California girl, 10, commits suicide; police investigating whether bullying to blame

It's a secret
This is rather shocking, a 5th grader taking her own life possibly due to bullying.

1571366784537.png

A 10-year-old California girl killed herself last weekend and authorities are investigating whether bullying played a role in her tragic death.
Allison Wendel, of Santa Ana, was found dead by her 9-year-old sister at home Sunday afternoon, KTLA reported. Santa Ana Police Department Cpl. Anthony Bertagna, who did not immediately return Fox News' request for comment, said her death appeared to be a suicide.

In related news we have this.

Texas sex trafficking victim, 15, takes her own life; family demands justice

A family in Texas is seeking justice after a 15-year-old girl rescued from sex traffickers committed suicide over the weekend.
Letty Serrano, who was abducted in 2017, locked herself in a bathroom at the family’s Houston home and killed herself Saturday, Fox 26 Houston reported. Her father, Mariano Serrano, told the station how he had desperately tried to reach her before it was too late.

There seems to be an increase in young kids, children even, taking their lives. What can we do about this?

Thornbird

Forum Admin
Phoenix, Arizona
Horrible story and yes, something should be done.

Hearing of children taking their own lives is very disturbing. They should be playing with dolls, not being forced into such depression that they can't see a reason to live any more. I don't even understand how a ten year old would know how to do that.

The strain on this child must have been beyond intense.

The Keys
It will be interesting to see what they find in the investigation.
I don't think it matters since they aren't going to be charging other 10 yr. olds with bullying.

Seriously, this is what happens in school. What I bet you they will find is that this child was on some sort of anti anxiety medication.

Pennsylvania
Oh, really? I didn't even think about that. I guess there are lots of kids today with energy and they don't know how to handle it, so they just drug them? Sort of?

Thornbird

Forum Admin
Phoenix, Arizona
Oh, really? I didn't even think about that. I guess there are lots of kids today with energy and they don't know how to handle it, so they just drug them? Sort of?
Yes.

Almost every kid that has shot up a school was on some type of anti-depressant medication.

Doctors are over prescribing it to fix problems that may not even need fixing and it affects a young persons thinking.

Pennsylvania
Yes.

Almost every kid that has shot up a school was on some type of anti-depressant medication.

Doctors are over prescribing it to fix problems that may not even need fixing and it affects a young persons thinking.
That's disgusting.

Thornbird

Forum Admin
Phoenix, Arizona
That's disgusting.
It is very sad indeed. Parents think that any kid acting now needs some sort of help when it's normal behavior in a lot of cases.

I just can't understand how a 10 yr. old even knows what suicide is let alone know how to do it.

Pennsylvania
It is very sad indeed. Parents think that any kid acting now needs some sort of help when it's normal behavior in a lot of cases.
They just need to get outside for a little while and blow off some energy or steam running around in a playground, playing kickball or whatever. That helps a heap. It also allows them to interact with others in person and have issues with dealing with others so they can learn how to deal with differing personalities. It's a mess out there today.

Thornbird

Forum Admin
Phoenix, Arizona
They just need to get outside for a little while and blow off some energy or steam running around in a playground, playing kickball or whatever. That helps a heap. It also allows them to interact with others in person and have issues with dealing with others so they can learn how to deal with differing personalities. It's a mess out there today.
Couldn't have said it better myself.

It's a secret
But then again there are kids that actually do need help.

How do you separate those ones out?

Pennsylvania
But then again there are kids that actually do need help.

How do you separate those ones out?
Educators can only do so much. Surely, they can see something is wrong. If they can't, then they have too much on their plate. Our culture is so worried about becoming wealthy, they don't take the time to support their children or even know what is going on. Yes, they know what activities they are doing and when they have to be there. They don't know their children. Some just don't care. Their children are burden and they don't want bothered. There are many reasons why this happens. You don't have to be their parent or a teacher to care enough to report issues to authorities. Then you have some nutty mom trying to get a gender change for her seven year old son. Ever wonder what has happened to our society?

It's a secret
Educators can only do so much. Surely, they can see something is wrong. If they can't, then they have too much on their plate. Our culture is so worried about becoming wealthy, they don't take the time to support their children or even know what is going on. Yes, they know what activities they are doing and when they have to be there. They don't know their children. Some just don't care. Their children are burden and they don't want bothered. There are many reasons why this happens. You don't have to be their parent or a teacher to care enough to report issues to authorities. Then you have some nutty mom trying to get a gender change for her seven year old son. Ever wonder what has happened to our society?
I think only a doctor can determine that.

Southern California
Children are specifically being raised to be weak victims. They never stand up for themselves. Instead of a backbone they get a pill. There are the naturally strong that will persecute and dominate anyone that lets them. Teach that girl how to fight. Give her a will to kick ass and the bullying would stop.

The other poor girl was probably sold to sex traffickers by her parents. It's part of some cultures.