Can Biden beat Trump?

Thornbird

Forum Admin
Phoenix, Arizona
I believe that we have had moral people in office.

I don't expect saints. I expect a modicum of human decency.

Trump doesn't have it.

It's clear that's fine with you. That appalls me. But, whatever floats your boat.

And I'm sure you think he's doing a fine job. You probably will untll your grandkids start dying of coronavirus because we didn't have test kits available like most of the modern western world. But, hey! the rich people got a tax break - so that's all cool. I know, I know, I know.
Most of the modern world didn't and besides that is not Trumps fault, that would be the CDC. A misstep they acknowledged.

Why you attribute that to Trump as if he runs the day to day operations of the CDC is one of the things I am pointing out here. Remember during the BP oil spill that they didn't have enough equipment on hand to contain all the oil but I didn't blame Obama for that.

As for morality of politicians you are free to apply any standards you want and if you find someone lacking then simply vote them out but demonizing them and not acknowledging their actual job performance is simply showing hate towards an individual. I am sure you think quite highly of Bill Clinton even though he was hardly a moral person so it appears that your standards also follow your political beliefs.

New Haven, CT
I don't think particularly highly of the Clintons ... either one of them!

But, I would put them in a completely different stratosphere than Trump.

I don't know how those who refuse to see him as he is don't realize he really is simply walking evil. And, trust me, it's not a word I use lightly.

Edited to add: And I do NOT blame Trump for the disease. Good lord. I'm not a moron. But, I DO blame him for the lies and distortions he told on the television last Tuesday night to the American public. And after THAT debacle, stood in the Rose Garden, and AGAIN told the American people untrue things and misled them. His big reassurance to the American people was introducing a line-up of people who stood there and expounded on the glories of steadfast Dear Leader.

Good god - it could have been North Korea!!!

New Haven, CT
I would like you to read this article and TRY to do so with an open mind. By that, I mean read it and only scream FAKE NEWS when there is something that is verifiably inaccurate.

I realize this is an opinion piece, so the final resolution is not a fact - it's an opinion. But, from all the material gathered, try to explain LOGICALLY why it's not a perfectly REASONABLE conclusion.

Trump’s rage at the media takes a dangerous new turn

Thornbird

Forum Admin
Phoenix, Arizona
I would like you to read this article and TRY to do so with an open mind. By that, I mean read it and only scream FAKE NEWS when there is something that is verifiably inaccurate.

I realize this is an opinion piece, so the final resolution is not a fact - it's an opinion. But, from all the material gathered, try to explain LOGICALLY why it's not a perfectly REASONABLE conclusion.

Trump’s rage at the media takes a dangerous new turn
I read it and let's just look at the opening paragraph.

It’s bad enough that President Trump has relentlessly minimized the coronavirus threat for nakedly political reasons, disastrously hampering the federal government response to the crisis, with untold consequences to come.

Relentlessly minimized? On the contrary. He has stated the seriousness of the disease while also trying not to create a panic. He has kept this virus in perspective and while serious it's hardly that big of a threat. More people have died this year from the flu than the virus. Do you want Trump to come out and say that we're all gonna die if we leave our house?

Tell us what you would have liked him to say differently than he has.

Disastrously hampering the government response? How?

He has opened up funds and given them anything they needed. What would you like to have seen him do differently?

And this is just the first paragraph of an article filled with lies. The entire article is doing nothing but whining about Trump "raging" against the media. This is why I usually don't bother reading links people provide.

New Haven, CT
More people have died this year from the flu than the virus.
In the past month, there have been 4,300 deaths from the coronavirsu flu.

In June, 1981, there were 20 cases of AIDS in America - and people were screaming to round up all the gay people into concentration camps.
I will admit that the presser he held yesterday was the best front he put on since this entire thing started. He acted grave and concerned. I got the impression that something had finally dawned on him that this was serious, and he acted almost scared. Not that fear is a characteristic I look for in a leader - but with Trump it's actually a start in the right direction. AND he had the good sense not to answer questions he didn't know the answer to and put the professionals in front of the mic most of the time. It wasn't an A+ press conference - but, by far, his best yet on this pandemic.

Thornbird

Forum Admin
Phoenix, Arizona
There have been around 30,000 deaths from the flu this year just in the US.

You don't think you guys are kind of barking up the wrong tree here?

New Haven, CT
You keep saying there have been 30,000 deaths from flu (in the U.S.) in the past year.
There have been 4,300 deaths from coronovirus (in the U.S.) in the past month.
Now please multiply that by 12, to get a yearly number - and ADD the number of regular flu deaths.

You don't think 'you guys' are kind of wearing blinders when it comes to this?

Southern California
The last Gallop poll has it as this:
1. Healthcare
2. Terrorism
3. Guns
4. Education
5. Economy

Prior to that the economy was a solid second but considering it's been good for so long it appears not to be a concern. Healthcare is tops because of our aging population so that makes sense. I was surprised that guns and education are in the top five however.

Either way, if I were advising Biden I would say that he should focus on healthcare, with a solid plan, and education since they really have no play with the other three issues. In fact, Biden said he would put O'Rourke in charge of guns who has said that he wants to go door to door and forcibly remove weapons.

Not a good start with such an important issue. Biden will either have to walk that back, which will be embarrassing, or double down on it because Trump is going to hit him with it.
Biden hasn't enough cognitive ability to form a plan of any kind. You have to go to whoever has his hand up Biden's ass.

orbiting earth
no dem can win without the progressive vote.

although he suspended his campaign, bernie is still in, listed on the ballots till at least the convention.

what's that mean?
  • he's holding his delegates as leverage for getting some of his progressive ideas passed
  • he's energizing his base by goading them into flooding the polls & hoping he'll prevent biden from gaining enough ec's for automatic candidacy.