Former Navy SEAL Explains How Trump Got Iran To Stand Down

Earth
While the loony left was promising us World War III was here. Morons.

Over the past week, the American people have been told that our president’s actions in Iraq towards Iran were pushing us into another war in the Middle East.

The House of Representatives even approved a largely symbolic measure Thursday night to limit the president’s authority as commander-in-chief.

Hashtags for “World War III” and “draft” started trending online as millennials worried about conscription, prompting the New York Times to write an article on the subject.

Time magazine even published a guide to help parents ease their children’s fears regarding the situation.

Somewhere in the hysteria are lessons for both sides, lessons memorialized over two-thousand years ago during the Warring States period in ancient China…

President Trump is not the type of American politician to which Iran’s leaders had become accustomed over the past 40 years. This president actually did what he said he would do. U.S. policy vis-à-vis Iraq, Iran and the greater Middle East changed with the new administration.

Thornbird

Forum Admin
Phoenix, Arizona
Iran isn't going to risk a war with us.

Their leadership values their hold on power too much.

It's a secret
It's not what he did but how he did it.

You have to admit that many of his decisions come with a mountain of fallout. Whoever is advising him on how to conduct these matters of state is an idiot. Either that or Trump isn't listening to his people.

Politics have been developed over centuries and there are certain ways things are done.....because they have been tested and developed over time to show that they work with the populace.

Just because Trump does something differently doesn't mean it's the better way.

It just means it's different.

New Haven, CT
The right wing likes to lie and distort and twist truth and try to spread the false narative that "liberals" and/or "progressives" and/or Democrats were "grieving" over the death of Soleimani. Of course, nothing could be further from the truth. However, that doesn't mean that invading a foreign nation and assassinating one of its leaders is acceptable behavior. As the lawsuit will state: it's a war crime. There WAS a time when America was a place of integrity that fought against nations who committed war crimes ... now, thanks to the right wing and evangelical led Trump administration, we're the accused.

New Haven, CT
So why weren't they filed? That's not the issue, here.
I'm no supporter of Soleimani. However, neither am I a supporter of invasion and assassination.

i.e. I would have hated Hitler also. But I wouldn't have supported napalming Berlin to get him.
Not every result justifies the means.