GOP shifts Trump defense strategy

The Keys
At least we know they are planning on siding with Trump now.

This new strategy seems to be a compromise for those senators that didn't want to impeach but also have constituents they have to answer to.

Growing number of GOP senators consider acknowledging Trump’s quid pro quo on Ukraine

A growing number of Senate Republicans are ready to acknowledge that President Trump used U.S. military aid as leverage to force Ukraine to investigate former vice president Joe Biden and his family as the president repeatedly denies a quid pro quo.

In this shift in strategy to defend Trump, these Republicans are insisting that the president’s action was not illegal and does not rise to the level of an impeachable offense as the Democratic-led House moves forward with the open phase of its probe.

But the shift among Senate Republicans could complicate the message coming from Trump as he furiously fights the claim that he had withheld U.S. aid from Ukraine to pressure it to dig up dirt on a political rival, even as an increasing number of Republicans wonder how long they can continue to argue that no quid pro quo was at play in the matter.

The pivot was the main topic during a private Senate GOP lunch on Wednesday, according to multiple people familiar with the session who spoke on the condition of anonymity to describe the meeting. Sen. John Neely Kennedy (R-La.) argued that there may have been a quid pro quo but said that the U.S. government often attaches conditions to foreign aid and that nothing was amiss in Trump’s doing so in the case of aid to Ukraine, these individuals said.

California
At least we know they are planning on siding with Trump now.

This new strategy seems to be a compromise for those senators that didn't want to impeach but also have constituents they have to answer to.

Growing number of GOP senators consider acknowledging Trump’s quid pro quo on Ukraine

I just find it hard to believe that one phone call can be a reason to go through this. Amazing!

California
A phone call that was (probably) illegal.

Look what the GOP went through for a blowjob.
That was a mistake. Which I opposed. There was PLENTY of info to charge HILLARY in that WhiteWater fraud. But Starr had to go to far.----Thing is ,the Jones Lawsuit really had nothing to do with WhiteWater. Bill should NEVER have made that tape. It was perjury. But ,IMO ,only worthy of a Censure. Like I said ,HILLARY should have been indicted. Conclusion? Bill should not have been impeached. His activity was disgusting ,but did not endanger the USA. Now ,to this. The Muller fiasco failed miserably. So they come up with this Phone call. A. Transcript says nothing there. B. Nothing really happened. C. ThoughtCrime is not a national Security breach. D. The President has a RIGHT to investigate corruption before bestowing AID to a Foreign Country. E. The President says there was no pressure. Therefore ,no complaint. See where this goes?

California
That was a mistake. Which I opposed. There was PLENTY of info to charge HILLARY in that WhiteWater fraud. But Starr had to go to far.----Thing is ,the Jones Lawsuit really had nothing to do with WhiteWater. Bill should NEVER have made that tape. It was perjury. But ,IMO ,only worthy of a Censure. Like I said ,HILLARY should have been indicted. Conclusion? Bill should not have been impeached. His activity was disgusting ,but did not endanger the USA. Now ,to this. The Muller fiasco failed miserably. So they come up with this Phone call. A. Transcript says nothing there. B. Nothing really happened. C. ThoughtCrime is not a national Security breach. D. The President has a RIGHT to investigate corruption before bestowing AID to a Foreign Country. E. The President says there was no pressure. Therefore ,no complaint. See where this goes?
Sorry--The Ukrainian President.

The Keys
It's a no win for them but since they put all their eggs on Mueller and that didn't work they have to double down on something.

They are going all in to get Trump even if it costs them the election.

They are frantically searching for anything in the hopes that something pops up they can use.

California
It's a no win for them but since they put all their eggs on Mueller and that didn't work they have to double down on something.

They are going all in to get Trump even if it costs them the election.

They are frantically searching for anything in the hopes that something pops up they can use.
I still want that LEAKER to testify.

New Haven, CT
A whistleblower is not a leaker.
To suggest that somebody who reports wrong-doing is leaking classified information is absurd.

shame-on-you-wagging-finger.jpg

Southern California
Bradley Manning went to prison for leaking classified information. Let's not get into Edward Snowden.

This impeachment hearing is getting more absurd by the day. Sixth hand hearsay is what they have. The liberal echo chamber is churning.

The impeachment has two classes of witnesses. There is the REO Speedwagon witness who heard it from a friend who heard it from a friend who heard it from another. There is the Aretha Franklin witness who just heard it through the grapevine. So far the testimony has not advanced past water cooler gossip.

Democommiecrats have nothing but the point isn't to impeach. What they want is for this sham hearing to wound Trump so much that he won't be reelected. Sadly all of the democrats running are worthless. Trump wins by a landslide and makes history.

New Haven, CT
At no point during the hearings thus far have Republicans provided a clear answer as to why Trump withheld the aid only to release it after a whistleblower came forward with a report that was flagged to Congress.

I am one who believes that after Congress has passed bills that furnish funds for WHATEVER reason, and the President (who has no power over funding) chooses to hold up that funding, laws have been broken and the criminal should be charged and prosecuted.

New Haven, CT
What difference does it make who the whistleblower is? Everybody knows the only - ONLY - reason Trump and his sycophants want to know is so they can destroy him in the media and ruin his life. Who he/she is has no bearing on the case whatsoever. The witnesses have provided ample testimony thus far - and it's not even close to being over.

California
At no point during the hearings thus far have Republicans provided a clear answer as to why Trump withheld the aid only to release it after a whistleblower came forward with a report that was flagged to Congress.

I am one who believes that after Congress has passed bills that furnish funds for WHATEVER reason, and the President (who has no power over funding) chooses to hold up that funding, laws have been broken and the criminal should be charged and prosecuted.
That is easy. Wanted to find out if this New Pres was Kosher. And not just another Criminal. He found out. Released AID. The New Pres was not even aware that AID was being held. IOW--No Quid.

New Haven, CT
Your scenario does not jive with the testimony. But, it's good razzledazzle 'em b.s.

Why are you more interested in winning an internet debate than finding out the truth about the POTUS?

California
Your scenario does not jive with the testimony. But, it's good razzledazzle 'em b.s.

Why are you more interested in winning an internet debate than finding out the truth about the POTUS?
Truth? "Is your truth MY truth" ? (Pilate to Jesus)---Trump has a crass and vulgar personality. Granted. But EVERYTHING he has done is what I wanted done. Less TAX. Less Regs. Smash Islamic radicals like ISIS. Try and stop the influx of Illegals. Get out of Iran deal. Get out of Paris deal. Stop TPP. Drill more OIL Open up ANWAR. Also ,anyone who HATES the Media is my type of guy. See where this goes? And the Economy is good ,in spite of the Dems and the Media stabbing him in the back 24/7 for 3 years. The TRUTH? It was a PHONE CALL!

Southern California
Democrats don't like his policies and think Trump has no business speaking with heads of state. This sham hearing is crumbling all around them. It's being laughed at.

California
Democrats don't like his policies and think Trump has no business speaking with heads of state. This sham hearing is crumbling all around them. It's being laughed at.
Trouble is ,this is kinda like a CLINTON plot. Her Goons are still active . What would be the "Final Solution" if Impeachment does not work?